Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Studio 2

   After nearly two and a half years, I have moved out of my studio located at the Arts Council of Wayne County building. It was an emotional process and a bittersweet ending. I have new things on the horizon, and this was just another step.
   Studio 2 was an important place. It was my workspace, my church, my fortress or solitude. I have a lot of memories there. A lot of beautiful things happened there. I made art. I grew as an artist. And I grew as a person. It's hard to put into words all my feelings and experiences associated with Studio 2, but in the end, it was a magical place.
   So it is with a somewhat heavy heart that I packed up all my things. Behind I left the splattered paint on the floor and walls. Proof of me as a working artist. Proof of existence. That paint is my blood and tears, my joys and pains.
    I want to thank all the wonderful people at the Arts Council for all the support, and all my friends who shared time there with me in that magical place.
   











1 comment:

  1. I feel you man. Good to see so much history on a floor!

    ReplyDelete